Friday, October 19, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #7- Mason Jar Lid Pumpkin

I came across this pin about 2 weeks ago and I was like "oh my god, why didn't I think of that!"Super simple, just a bunch of mason jar lids tied together! I get cray cray for mason jars too (yes I just said "cray cray"), so I was really eager to try this one out. The pin didn't give any step by step photos or even tell you how many jar lids to use, so I thought I'd do that for you. This pumpkin can literally be made in about 3 minutes. That's like a Rihanna song, so grab your walkman, bump up "we found love", and make this adorable mason jar lid pumpkin. 




What You'll Need:
-Mason Jar Lids (you'll be using the bands only) ((I used 24 lids))
-Twine
-Burlap
-Any other type of material for the stem (optional)



Step 1: String your twine through the mason jar bands. I used gold and silver and alternated between the two. Making sure that the lids face the same way.








Step 2: Pull your twine taught, double-knot it, snip off excess, then adjust the lids.


Double Knot that sucker

Whoa! 

Snip Snip

little cutie 


Step 3: Cut your burlap to desired height, then cut, roll, and stick in the opening. 


Nail Polish- American Apparel 

I nixed the leaf, it looked too much like an apple


That's it!

I told you it was easy!

Now would I recommend this pin? Yes, it's too easy not to do. If you have some old vintage lids, that would look great. Seeing all the muted tones mixed with newer shinier lids would look really nice.

Questions? Comments? Feedback? I would love to hear from you! Also, feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram.

<3 Josue

oh btw

I did a couple of different styles. I tried paint chips, crumpled up paper, and burlap. Which do you like?

 Paint Chips
Burlap



 Crumpled up paper

No comments:

Post a Comment