Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #12: Glitter Ornaments

Need some glitter ornaments and you just can't seem to find any that match your color scheme? Or don't really want to spend a ridiculous amount of $$$ for some that you can totally make for so much less. Well this pin can help a brotha' or sista' out.

Along with Fine Art and Ethnic Studies, I majored in procrastination. It's only like 2 days away from Christmas I just did my shopping two days ago and I'm barley making my ornaments. Better late than never right?

Well here's the simple how to...



What You'll Need:

-Clear Ornaments
-Glitter
-Paper to make a funnel (or small funnel)
-Pledge Floor Cleaner
-Glitter Sticker (Optional)

Step 1:

First you need to take off the cap and metal thingy that you put your hook on. I'm sure theres a name for it....but WHATEVER.



Step 2: 

Now you need to squirt a little of the floor cleaner into the ornament and swoosh it around so it's entirely coated. Try not to shake it all crazy...be gentle, this way you don't create a bunch of bubbles inside. Pour the excess liquid back into the bottle.




Step 3:

If you have a funnel then great! If not...then you're life is about to get 20% harder. Grab a piece of paper and make a little cone/funnel.




Step 4:

Pour in your glitter (be generous), and swirl it around until the ornament is covered entirely. Pour excess glitter back into container.





Step 5:

Snap the cap and hook thingy back on and you're all finished!



Super easy and this is something you could do with kids, but no shame if you're totally into making glitter ornaments on your own. I mean I did....

Don't judge....

Questions? Comments? Feedback? I would love to hear from you!

Feel free to follow me on Pinterest or Instagram

<3 Josue

No comments:

Post a Comment