Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pinterest Challenge #16: DIY Valentine Cards

I was never big on Valentine's Day, I mean I hate crowds and I'm like always broke, so dinner and gifts and all this other garbage is just too much for me. Plus I hate red roses...

Especially if you're single, cause then you're just like on the whole "I'm single, I get can do whatever I want" kick, but inside you're like "WHY DOESN'T HE LOVE ME?!?!?!"

Anyways, I was reminiscing about when I used to go to the grocery store with my mom when I was a kid and I'd buy those little boxes of Valentine's Day cards and pass them out to all my class mates and I'd get alllll excited. So this year I thought I should make some cards myself. I found these ideas in Real Simple, and I'm sure it's on Pinterest somewhere so I thought I should try them out. 

We're a Perfect Match


What You'll Need:

-Card Stock/Craft Paper/Etc.
-Glue
-Sharpies
-Matches
-Candles
-Plastic Spoon
-Puzzle Pieces 
-King of Hearts Card
-Spray Paint
-Heart Hole Punch (Optional)
-Beyonce Playlist (Not Optional)

Step 1:

Make your card. I went with white card stock and then layered red printer paper on top. Fold in half, cut to size and you're set!



Step 2:

So before I glued my two sheets of paper together, I used a heart hole punch on the white sheet so the red would show through. You could also use a print or some hologram sheets to give a fancier effect, but I was like "Nah.."




Glue the sheets together and write your sappy love notes.






Step 3:

So now this is part where you glue your items on the front of your card and write the little sayings.

You've got:

"Let's Spoon"

"We're a Perfect Match"

"You Light Up My Life"

"You're Perfect to The Tea"

"King of My Heart"

"You Drive Me Nuts"

Use you're glue stick or some paper tack to stick your items on the front.



I stapled the tea bag 



There you have it! Some simple, inexpensive, DIY Valentine's Cards. These are guaranteed to get you at least some touchy touchy...I'm not responsible for any pregnancies...or visits to the clinic.




Have a Happy Valentine's!

Questions? Comments? Feedback? I would love to hear from you. Also, feel free to add me on Instagram or Pinterest.

<3 Josue

No comments:

Post a Comment