Thursday, April 11, 2013

Copper Keeper




 For the past few months I've been looking for a new dresser. I've been searching as often as I could, thrift shops left me empty handed and most of their prices were too much for me. I mean c'mon, you're gonna charge me $85 for a dresser that needs to be sanded, painted, and moved?

I think I'm busy that day...

So while I was walking home from work the other day, I saw this pretty sweet dresser on the corner near my house. It had a broken leg, but I'm pretty handy and it was something that could be easily fixed.

After an ordeal of trying to bring it upstairs to my room, I needed to find ways to rid of the old people smell. Once I dowsed it in baking soda for a week, I decided just to line it with some contact paper...but I didn't want  some basic white or "wood" sticker. So I did some research and found this awesome copper contact paper.

It was really easy to put it. It has measuring squares on the back so cutting the exact size you need is so much easier since you could follow the grids.

I'm going through this metallic phase. What do you guys think?



I'll give you more updates, when I finish detailing my new dresser.


<3 Josue 



No comments:

Post a Comment