Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Polkadot Pot

I haven't had a weekend to myself in a long time. I work Monday through Friday and there seems to be something going on every weekend these past few months. So aside from some errands and chores around the city, I decided to come home and spend the rest of my day gardening.



I bought a bunch of terra cotta pots and wanted to decorate them a little more. I'm still in my metallic phase (check previous post). I wanted to do some polka dots, and I saw online that you could use the top of an eraser, so I decided to give it a shot.


Getting the supplies ready 



All you need is an eraser, some paint, and a pot.



Just dip and press





Pretty simple huh? Let it dry for 6 hours or so, and if you want it to last longer then I would try using a sealer. I like the distressed look, so I kept it untreated. Some of the paint rubbed off in a few areas and it looks really good, you can see in the photo below.

Before
After

You like my new plant? I'm obsessed with the purple leaves



Questions? Comments? Feedback? I would love to hear from you!

<3 josue="" p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment